Thursday, December 17, 2009
5 Reasons Why Local Entrepreneurs Must Master Internet Marketing Strategies
Local entrepreneurs often spend most of their time focused on a limited market, but with the simple act of broadening one’s geographic horizons via the Internet, a wealth of opportunity suddenly opens up. Internet marketing strategies are important to local entrepreneurs for several reasons.
1. Marketing on the Internet results in an expanded client base since knowledge of your business is now available worldwide. If you stay strictly local, only those within your vicinity will be aware of your existence, which severely limits your client base.
2. With the implementation of successful Internet marketing strategies, you will be visible to others all around the world who are in the exact same business that you are. Perhaps they will be your competitors, perhaps your allies; whatever the case, you’re certain to learn from one another. Networking with other entrepreneurs is a way to ramp up your own success efforts, attracting even more business than you could before.
3. Local entrepreneurs can’t stay local for long in this technological age. Investing in tried and proven Internet marketing strategies can help local entrepreneurs vie with competitors who have already developed a solid Web presence. Such an investment can also help businesses adapt more quickly to the unexpected.
4. Many people question the validity of a business that doesn't market itself on the Web. Even those who enjoy buying from entrepreneurs local to their area may appreciate the opportunity to do so through the Internet from the comfort of their own home. Giving them this option can play a tremendous factor in business growth.
5. The fifth and final reason why local entrepreneurs should master Internet marketing strategies is that everyone else is doing it. That might seem like a silly reason, but businesses are required to exhaust every marketing opportunity available in order to keep up with their rivals. If your competition is marketing on the Internet but you aren't, you're going to be left behind. Even if you weren't planning on converting completely to Internet marketing strategies, all local entrepreneurs should consider developing some form of Web presence in order to stay relevant.
The bottom line is that local entrepreneurs must be able to think locally but act globally. The internet allows even the smallest micro business to that. By providing unlimited and unfettered access to the world’s markets, the internet changes everything. Fluctuations or downturns in the local economy are irrelevant to local entrepreneurs who have established a global footprint online. Even if local economic conditions are in tatters, somewhere else on this huge planet are people with money who want to spend it. By putting the local entrepreneur in touch with this dynamic global marketplace, the internet changes the entire equation.
Again however, it doesn’t happen automatically, and it’s not necessarily easy to master. Internet marketing strategies change at the speed of light—what worked last week may not work tomorrow—and the evolution is constant. In order to deploy workable internet marketing strategies, the local entrepreneur must become a student of the process. Learn as much as you can, and keep learning. It’s essential to your long term success.
The Entrepreneur Empowerer